This girl is pure courage. I enjoyed this book for many reasons.
- It is a world I have never experienced and one I can’t imagine. But to think this bleak scenario is normal for many is heartbreaking and scary.
- The reality that people still live in an environment driven by guns, bullets, destruction, hatred, repression and oppression is hard to swallow. The fact that children are exposed to this is even more tragic.
- Malala’s strength, courage, spirit and wisdom are inspiring.
- Malala’s sense of gratitude and her intentional positive outlook of life is heartening and uplifting.
- Her honesty is very appealing. Malala is just like us and she isn’t afraid to keep it real. She feels insecure about her appearance, lonely, scared, argues with her friends and brothers, cries and even feels upset when someone else does better than her. She is very relatable which makes her strength seem accessible to all of us too. Strength, courage and perseverance is inside all of us too!
This is a great book for people of all ages as it shows that once one is connected to the spirit of love, peace and oneness within, no obstacle is too big and no task is impossible.
It also shows that being peaceful does not mean being passive and surrendered. It means choosing your battles wisely and fighting them persistently despite your fears and any hatred and criticisms that might come your way.